Thursday, April 25, 2013

I love Savannah


I love living in Savannah.  I love being from here.  I am one of those who came “back” after college (I read somewhere about how locals always make that comment).  I love living in a town where the tallest structure is a steeple.  That is, until one of those big ships rolls down the river.  I love knowing that when I go to the Publix at Twelve Oaks that I will know someone.  I always look forward to talking to that person, whomever that may be.  I love that when I drive my children to nursery school that we get to talk about the flowers blooming and the horses driving the carriages.  My children are sure that all those horses are named “Lucky” and that they live at their farm.  When I tell people that I work for my family business, TideWater Landscape Management, Inc., the reply I hear most is, “Oh that’s your family’s business?  I see your trucks everywhere!”  I love to hear that.  Savannah is wonderful.
Just look at all the activities coming up in the next few days! 


This Saturday we have the SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival.  How incredible are those creations made from chalk?  Do you think they use the same Crayola Container that we use at our house? Surely not...
Or, how about Savannah Fashion Week!  The fashion show is tonight!  I will tell you my friends, Heather Kaney Burge and Jennifer Miller Paige know how to make girl feel like she is in Paris or Milan!  How awesome that our little city is hosting such beautiful design and creativity!  Thanks to the many fashion folks who make this event such a success.

For all you golfers, The 2013 Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf is being played right now across the river on Hutchinson Island.  Golfers like Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player are wowing the crowd as I type.

Lastly, on the music scene, we welcome Betsy Kingston and The Crowns who will be playing at Mojos Juke Joint located on River Street this Friday night.  We have a Savannah girl coming back for a Savannah show. Good music. Good vibes.

So, this weekend our city of Savannah is going to be a happening place.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment