Monday, November 14, 2011

Attitude is Everything

Recently, Alfonso Thomas, a supervisor at TideWater in Savannah, brought back a vivid memory from my childhood.  A couple of weeks ago, he handed me a printout of the quote “Attitude is Everything.”  As I read it, I remembered that our family had this taped to our refrigerator door when I was a teenager.  I can still see my Dad pointing to this quote when I started to complain to him about the woes of adolescence.  How am I going to pass this test?  Why doesn’t anyone like me?  Why are you so strict?  He would smile and say, “Read this!  A positive attitude is what you need.”  I would shrug my shoulders and proceed to argue that a quote would not fix anything.  He would laugh while shaking his head and replying, “Everything will be okay.”

Well, he was right. 

Thank you, Alfonso, for the reminder. 

Enjoy this quote and share it with your family. 

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

-        Charles Swindoll

No comments:

Post a Comment